The internet has enhanced our ability to reach out to people, knowledge, entertainment, and fun. We can instantly seek things we like and keep follow our inspiration for as long as we like. This has also enhanced the way we treat our hobbies and interests. Online coaching for almost all kinds of activities enables those with intent to pursue their avocation with a measure of seriousness. Chess is also not an exception. A number of online schools dedicated to chess are ready to transform your game and skills.
Whether you want to learn chess as a hobby to enhance your prospects at tournaments, online chess schools have programs that are catered to fit your needs. If you want to be professional; then you can join a well–structured, FIDE approved chess curriculum that will cost you more, but will teach you the complete ins and outs of the game.
No matter your reason for joining or your eventual goal, online chess coaching has a number of benefits, a large part of them being of intellectual nature. A few are elucidated here.
• Scientific studies have shown that playing chess is an excellent mental exercise. It enhances and hones your mental abilities. Playing chess will help you boost your IQ too. It increases your attention span, memory, reasoning power and planning abilities.
• Chess coaching teaches you to anticipate your opponent’s moves and strategies to build a strong counter-strategy. This helps learn the ability to expect and adapt to any outcome.
• Playing chess enhances your patience as you follow your objectives and wait for the right moments to play your masterstroke.
• The game Increases the quotient of ‘creativity with respect to originality.’ Any random move from your opponent can shatter your game-plan. Coaching teaches you to be ready for surprises and control your emotions. Only then can you react appropriately
• Chess will enrich your decision-making abilities. While playing, you will face a dilemma of choice of moves to reach a favorable conclusion. The degree of success is a different matter but with coaching, you will quickly learn to make the best possible decisions.
• Chess will definitely increase your ability to retain information. Coaching can train you to always have to keep a database in your mind which consists of your moves, strategies and patterns.